As the Teacher, your role is to educate students in the use of the logbook, by showing them;
- How to enter complete and accurate logs
- Demonstrating using everyday examples
- Check for timely entries and follow up where necessary
- Allow time in class to log their activity or remind them to use facilities at RTO to do that.
Supervision Levels -
The following is a guide to recording supervision levels;
- Full: ranges from assisting someone else to having someone standing by, giving instruction & assistance
- Partial: the apprentice’s work was checked regularly with some instruction given but not continually supervised
- Minimal: the task is completed with minimal assistance or instruction
This section is for situations where you or their Supervisor have requested the student:
- Record additional specific information about a client or job
- Record a task they can’t see represented by the pictures
- Upload a picture via the upload facility
Editing entries -
Entries can be edited by the student up until the point that they are saved.
- Trainers can then edit entries that have already been saved, by logging into a browser, going to Profiling History, and select the entry that is to be edited.
Simulated Tasks -
Students should click the Simulated box when recording tasks done in the simulated environment of RTO
Logging entries without internet -
The app can be used to log entries even without internet access - simply log into the app while there is internet connectivity and any entries logged while without internet access will be synced when 'Request Approval' is next selected.
A student should use one device to record all entries for a week.
- The app will only sync with the web when a week is completed
- Either do all entries on the app or all on the browser