To get to the Organiser, Select +Organiser from the Extensions menu in the toolbar -
+Organiser is used primarily for Trainers to:
- Make calendar events and send invites
- Record feedback on events or other notes in the comments area
- Track Training Hours per unit for students
There are 3 options in the Trainer Dashboard:
- Navigate to each area by clicking on the icons.
- To return to the dashboard from any page, click on the +Organiser icon at the top of the page
- You can also use the +Organiser menu in the toolbar
- Use the Calendar to plan your week.
- Event invites are sent using the email address recorded in Ready Skills.
- If you wish to notify a person who does not have a Ready Skills account, add them to your Contact lists then they will be selectable.
- Hints on tagging an event: If the employer is selected first, only students with that employer are displayed. Then once the student is selected only supervisors linked to that student are displayed.
- Consider creating separate (can be overlapping) events for each individual student – this makes it easier to give feedback with a separate ‘Pending’ post per student already created.
- For events that do not require feedback/hours tracked, you can untick ‘Requires Feedback’ and no ‘Pending’ post will be created.
- Comments can be used for giving feedback on events, and in particular to log training hours involved.
- Other uses might be reminders or to do items; observations of behaviour etc.
- You can also log a comment then save and create an event. This is great for making follow up events and keeping them linked in your Comment History.
- Create your own contact list with people who are not Ready Skills users.
- Contacts can be linked to comments or events.
How to Create an event in Calendar
- Use arrows to navigate to future/past dates
- Click on start time & drag to cover the required time span
- Toggle between views –day, week, month
Once you've selected your time period, you will be prompted with event details ;
- Title (for calendar display)
- Edit times/date if required
- Location (where)
- Event type/s
- Select Tags – click on the name to add / X to remove
- Colour code event
- Notifications (reminders for a trainer in +Organiser)
How to create a Comment
- Click Add/View Comments
- Select the applicable tags from the right side:
- Post category
- Contact List
- Attach files
- Use filters to search previous comments -
- Once linked it will be added to the right side display
Post a comment not linked to an event
- Add comment to text field
- Select appropriate tags
- Select ‘Save Comment’
Hint: thorough tagging assists with better filter search results at a later date.
Using filters to find a previous comment
You may want to display all the posts for a certain student or employer or unit etc
- There are a lot of different filters to use
- You may add multiple filters to refine your display
- Use filters to refine the display to:
- an individual
- a specific unit
- a type of contact
- notifications sent
- to do posts
- key words
- and more
- Select add filter to add more filters
- Select ‘Search Posts’ to display result of filter
- Select Clear filters to reset to default pending
Managing Existing Comments
- Click on star in left column to add a comment to your to do list
- Select ‘To Do’ filter to display
Hover over Comment field
- Hover mouse over comment field to display more text (this is available when you are using a mouse)
Using right hand column functions
To view complete comment
- Click on the eye in right hand column
Editing a comment
- Click on pen icon
- Edit as required and ‘Save Comment’
- Select ‘Cancel Edit’ if you don’t want to save any changes
Deleting a comment
- 2 step delete
- Remember that any training hours linked to units in a deleted post will be deleted